Planning for the weekend?
Here's some helpful information to help you plan for the weekend.
Monastery of the Holy Spirit
2625 Highway 212 SW
Conyers, GA 30094
The retreat will begin with a gathering between 6:45 PM and 7:30 PM Thursday and conclude Sunday afternoon at approximately 4:00 PM. Please plan to arrive at the monastery between 6:45 PM and 7:15 PM. Please coordinate transportation with your sponsor as parking at the retreat center is limited. Please be aware that traffic may significantly impact your travel plans.
What to pack
- A towel/washcloth (all of your bedding is provided)
- Toiletries (shampoo, shaving kit, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, shower shoes, etc. )
- Reading glasses (if applicable)
- Any sleep aids you desire (ear plugs, pillow, etc.)
- A light jacket or sweater (the monastery can be chilly)
-A water bottle as a water dispenser is usually available
What NOT to pack
- A bible. We will provide one.
- Notepad/pen or pencil. We will provide these.
- Any Electronics. No need for a laptop or even a cellphone as you’ll want to be as disconnected as possible.
How to dress
For the majority of the weekend, dress is casual and you may dress however you are comfortable. However, you may want to dress a little nicer on Sunday as long pants are required in the Monastery sanctuary during Mass.
If you have not already paid the retreat fee of $175, please do so. While some can afford five times that amount, others may struggle to pay the fee. Please make a donation in the amount you feel is appropriate. If you can't afford it the full fee, you can say a quick prayer of thanksgiving for those whose generosity has helped others to attend. Regardless of your financial contribution, we thank you!